In the Battle of the Open HeartBy Jason Flores-Williams
An old music can be heard in Zuccotti Park that hasnt been heard around these parts in a very long timeits the music of human dignity, solidarity, and individuals being transformed into one.
A Poem for a Sunday Occupational Reading at the Bowery Poetry Club (10.16.2011)By Paul McLean
Paul McLean is an artist and writer who works in both new media and traditional fine art.
By Liza Featherstone
Education for the 99 Percent
For more than a month, hundreds of people have been sleeping outdoors on the cement in Manhattans Zuccotti Park, decrying the fact that our country is run for the benefit of the richest 1 percent, at the expense of the other 99 percent.
OWS, From A-ZBy Theodore Hamm
A=arraign; arrears; arrests Many came to Occupy Wall Street because they are in arrears, only to be arrested, some even arraigned.
Letters to the MayorBy Theodore Hamm
(11-15-11) The argument that its the Occupy Wall Street protesters who are the ones violating the First Amendment is a truly novel claimperhaps even a prize-winning work of legal fiction.
Poets Before ProfitsBy Eleanor J. Bader
Its the first day of classes at Urban Word NYCs Brooklyn site. Rain is falling hard, in sheets rather than drops, and walking outdoors requires puddle jumping or wading across small rivers.
Gentlemen Close Your LegsBy Chavisa Woods
How many seats are you entitled to? Learn how to sit on the subway, or did you not notice it is driving us crazy!?! And no, not in a good way.